Eucalyptus is a powerful plant known for its ability to relieve symptoms of respiratory issues. It also has anti-inflammatory properties which help open up the airways in your nose and throat.
- Antibacterial properties
- Boosts immune system
- Fights inflammation
- Invigorating and relaxing scent
- Soothes aching joints
Eucalyptus and Steam
Hanging a bundle of eucalyptus in a steamy shower activates the plant’s beneficial properties. The heat and steam help to release the plant's natural oils which may reduce symptoms of congestion while you shower.
How to use eucalyptus in the shower
- Buy a few branches of fresh eucalyptus (found in most flower shops, health food stores, and craft stores)
- Using twine or cotton string, tie together the ends of the branches
- Use another piece of twine to secure the bunch on your showerhead, hanging it downwards and as close to the wall as you can. The leaves can tolerate some water, but they’ll quickly get moldy if they’re constantly soaked.
- Turn your tap to hot and hop in!
- Replace the eucalyptus every week.